Viva La Mexico!! Feed your family for under $22!

Let's face it...Mexican food is not only easy to prepare, but it's very inexpensive. I always turn to Mexican food whenever I'm throwing a dinner party because I can feed more people for less...call me cheap! Hey...our economy is bad...sue me!

Here's another family favorite that seems to be a crowd pleaser! My infamous Enchilada Bake and spanish rice!



2lbs. 80/20 lean ground beef @ $2.88 (ON SALE)
1 bottle of salsa verde @ $1.89
2 large cans of green enchilada sauce @ $2.89 each
3 dozen corn tortillas @ $.98
16oz. Mexican blend shredded cheese @ $4.59
1 bag of green onions @ $.99
1 bunch of cilantro @ $.50
1 small can of olives @ $.49
1 box of Rice-a-Roni Spanish Rice @ $1.18
1 can of whole kernel corn @ $.58
1 can of diced tomatoes @ $.58
1 bag of salad @ $.98

Ok, add that up at it's $21.42 and this meal can feed a family AT LEAST twice! I tend to load plates up with salad to make the meal stretch a little further!! I DID say I was cheap, right? Hehehe...

Complete recipe and cooking instructions are found HERE.

Trust me, if you start breaking your meals down by price, you're sure to control your spending at the grocery store. It's a start to sticking to a budget...try it and let me know how it works out!

Enjoy!


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Related Posts with Thumbnails