Enchilada Bake - A family favorite!


Having a gang of kids and little time to hand roll enchiladas, this recipe is great for giving you the taste of enchiladas that yields more than if you rolled them!

I actually had this for the first time back in college and over the years I've made changes to suit my taste. I recently started using the green sauce because a friend of mine hipped me to it. I've been using it ever since and I'm so happy that my family loves it as much as I do!



Ingredients:

2 lbs. lean ground beef (or turkey)
1/2 minced onion
1 small can of mild green chiles
1 bunch of cilantro
4 minced green onions
2 1/2 cups of water
1/3 bottle of La Victoria MILD Green Taco Sauce (you can use the red sauce like in my taco meat recipe and use the red enchilada sauce with it)
2 large cans of La Victoria Green Chile Enchilada Sauce
1 small can of sliced black olives
18 corn tortillas
16 oz. of shredded cheese (the Mexican blend - Monterey Jack and Cheddar)

----------------------------------------------------------

Directions:

Cook the meat and onions until browned. Drain the fat. Stir in the taco sauce, water and the entire can of green chiles until blended. Using medium-high heat, boil down the liquid until the meat is moist. I actually cooked the meat last night, but never got around to putting this thing together until tonight!



Preheat the oven to 375. Pour the enchilada sauce in a large bowl. In a 9 x 13 baking dish, pour 1/2 cup of sauce along the bottom of the dish. Dip 6 tortillas in the enchilada sauce until they are well coated on each side then place them in the baking dish. They will overlap, don't worry about it! Sprinkle 1/2 of the meat mixture on top of the tortillas (think lasagna if that makes it easier).



Next, sprinkle cheese, cilantro, green onions and olives on top of the meat...and continue to layer.



The top layer should look something like this:



Bake until the cheese is bubbling and melted. Serve with Rice-a-Roni Spanish Rice (cook as directed and add 1 can of whole kernel corn) and a salad...Dinner is SERVED!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Related Posts with Thumbnails