Chicken, Mushrooms & Artichokes in a white cream sauce



This recipe is very similar to the Chicken Carbonara recipe that I previously posted with a few minor alterations.

My mother actually made this for my baby shower and served it over pasta. I damn near had to beat her down for this VERY SIMPLE recipe. I swear it wasn't that serious, but you know how funny folks can get about sharing some of their better recipes.

Ingredients:

1 lb. chicken breast (or chicken tenders)
1 pack of fresh CHOPPED mushrooms (or 2 small cans of mushrooms)
1 jar Alfredo sauce
3/4 jar of water (yes, the same jar from the Alfredo sauce)
1/4 cup marinated artichoke hearts (chopped)
2 teaspoons of capers (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste


*3 tablespoons of fresh chopped parsley OPTIONAL

-----------------------------------------------------

DIRECTIONS:

I hate to chop, so I use my kitchen shears to cut the chicken into small pieces BEFORE I cook it. Saute chicken in about 3 tablespoons of olive oil until cooked - set aside. Saute mushrooms. In a separate pot, warm the Alfredo sauce and add the water, artichoke, capers and mushrooms. Add salt and pepper to taste.

I serve this over a bed of rice pilaf with a salad and garlic bread. It's SUPER easy and everyone loves it...even my picky kids!

Enjoy!
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Related Posts with Thumbnails