Chicken Carbonara


Oddly I had ordered this very dish one night from a pizza joint. I'm not naming names because there is no such thing as free advertising around these parts - I'm not getting paid to pump up someone else's product! It was soooo good that I decided to re-create it on my own (without really knowing how it would turn out). Well...it was PERFECTION the first time out and super easy to make.

Ingredients:

1 lb. chicken breast (or chicken tenders)
1 pack of fresh CHOPPED mushrooms
1/2 medium sweet onion - the purple one (sliced, not diced)
6-8 slices of cooked bacon
1 cup of frozen peas
1 jar alfredo sauce
3/4 cup milk
16 oz. package of penne rigate pasta
Salt and pepper to taste

*3 tablespoons of fresh chopped parsley OPTIONAL

-----------------------------------------------------

DIRECTIONS:

I hate to chop, so I use my kitchen shears to cut the chicken into small pieces BEFORE I cook it. Saute chicken in about 3 tablespoons of olive oil until cooked - set aside. Saute mushrooms and onions. In a separate pot, warm the alfredo sauce and add the milk. BOIL THE PASTA (there's no way around this - hehehehee). Add salt and pepper to taste. Combine pasta, sauce, chicken, veggies and crumbled bacon.

For variation, you can also add sundried tomatoes, capers and/or artichoke hearts and/or serve over rice. Serve with garlic bread and a salad...
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Related Posts with Thumbnails