Kid Friendly Personal Pizzas





When I was growing up, my mom used to let me and my friends make pizza whenever I had a sleep over. In fact, she still does it except now it's with MY children.

Pizza making has changed over the years. First we tried the Pillsbury crust (you unroll it and it tastes kinda weird). Then we tried some off-brand pizza crust that was cool for a while until we discovered the Boboli pizza crust - which was by far the closest thing to delivered pizza that we could find.

Well what happens when you've got a bunch of kids and nobody can agree on the toppings? My kids are funny eaters. My 8 year old (who claims to not like vegetables) always wants mushrooms. My 4 year old (who eats vegetables like they're going out of style) ONLY wants "poni" on his pizza (that's pepperoni for those with little experience with short people).

So how do you solve the problem?? Let them make personal pizzas...I use PITA BREAD!! It's the perfect size, it comes in white or wheat (for those health conscious moms), it's inexpensive and kids can top them how ever they want!

Ingredients:

Pita Bread
Jar pasta sauce
Mozzarella Cheese
Your choice of toppings

-------------------------------------------------------------

Directions:

I usually heat the over to 375 and warm the pita bread for about 5 minutes before adding the other stuff. Remove from the oven and pour about 3 tablespoons of sauce over the pita bread. Top with cheese and the other toppings. Bake for 7 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the tops has begun to slightly brown.

PIZZA MADE EASY!

Your kids will love it...and they make perfect sized lunches. For dinner add a salad!

More a more GROWN UP version, you can skip the pasta sauce and brush the pita with olive oil and top it with whatever you'd like.

Enjoy!
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Related Posts with Thumbnails