Chicken Chili Stew



I cannot take credit for this recipe, but I WILL say it was well received. My husband decided to try this so-called Slow Carb Diet. He had me trolling all over the Internet looking for recipes and such. Ironically, he was the one who found this recipe and suggested that I give it a try.

I personally think it's odd to have chunk chicken in chili, but that's just me. My husband and oldest son RAVED about it after I finished and said it was better than my usual version. So I thought I'd share!

Ingredients:

3 Whole cubed skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (I used 4 LARGE cans of chunk chicken I was saving to make chicken salad with)
1 medium onion chopped
1 green bell pepper chopped (I also added a red bell pepper too)
2 cloves minced garlic (I used 2 tablespoons of jarred minced garlic)
2 tablespoons olive oil (or whatever you have on hand)
2 - 15oz canned stewed tomatoes (I used 1 LARGE can and 1 regular can of diced tomatoes because I HAD them on hand)
1 - 15oz canned pinto beans (I used 2 cans)
3/4 cup picante sauce (I used a little over 1 cup)
1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder

**NOTE: This recipe calls for 1/2 teaspoon of salt, but I omitted it because chili powder already has salt in it. I like to keep our sodium as low as possible without sacrificing taste. But it's up to you...

Directions:

Saute chicken, onions, bell peppers and garlic in a large sauce pan until chicken is fully cooked (in my case, this step didn't take so long since the chicken was already cooked). Add everything else to the pot and simmer for 20 minutes.

EASIEST DISH EVER!! Add some cornbread and a salad and you've got a good meal!

Enjoy!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Related Posts with Thumbnails