Chicken Salad the NEW tuna


I know I haven't blogged in a while...I've been consumed with my love of Facebook and I'm in the middle of trying to get myself into nursing school...so please forgive my absence.

I make this sometimes when I can't bring myself to pay the extra for albacore tuna. Ever since I started eating albacore, I haven't looked back and regular chunk tuna...the stinky stuff (as I like to call it). My family had been eating chicken salad sandwiches for 3 days and they all thought they were eating tuna until I told them it was CHICKEN!!

Ingredients:

1 apple (any kind) diced
2 celery stalks (chopped)
3 cans of chunk white chicken meat
2 cups of light mayo
1 tablespoon of dill weed
Salt and Pepper to taste

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Directions:

Pretend like you're making tuna...dice up one apple and chop the celery. I know you must think that the apple is a strange ingredient, but trust me...it gives the salad a nice flavor. Break up the chicken with a fork, add mayo and seasonings...mix well. I use the dill weed to substitute relish...for this dish AND tuna (because I don't particularly care for the little pickle pieces). It gives off the same flavor without the actual pickle pieces (which kinda makes me wanna gag just thinking about it!!) It's THAT easy!!









Enjoy!
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Related Posts with Thumbnails