Chicken-Spinach-Asiago Quiche


I'm mad at myself for not taking pictures of "the process", but I had company and I was so busy whipping this up and running my mouth that I totally forgot. Anyhoo...I DO have a picture of the final product...and let me say, this was DAMN GOOD!!

I NAILED THIS RECIPE!


Ingredients:

1 Frozen DEEP DISH Pie Crust (these usually come in a 2-pack)
1/2 cup diced onion (I used green onions because that's all I had)
1 boneless chicken breast (cooked and diced - season however you like)
1 - 8oz container of fat free sour cream
1 - 9oz package frozen CHOPPED spinach (thawed and drained WELL)
1/4 teaspoon garlic SALT (not powder - seriously, don't substitute)
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cup grated asiago cheese
3 eggs (or 3/4 cup of Egg Beaters - which is what I used)
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream


**NOTE: I made a couple of substitutions from the original recipe. It normally calls for 1/2 cup of crumbled, cooked bacon...but I forgot to pick some up, so I skipped it and I'm glad that I did. Instead I added a small can of diced mild green chile - because let's face it...green chile in a quiche is ALWAYS good!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375. Allow pie crust to thaw for about 20 minutes. Afterwards place the crust in the oven for about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.

In a large bowl combine all ingredients. MAKE SURE THAT YOU REMOVE ALL WATER FROM THE SPINACH - otherwise you'll end up with a wet quiche and it won't set. Also, drain the little bit of fluid from the chiles too (should you decide to use them).

Pour everything in the pie crust and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and line the edges with foil (so the crust doesn't burn). Put back in the oven and back for another 40-45 minutes...or until the top is slightly golden. Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool. Allow quiche to sit for at LEAST 20 minutes before you cut into it.

**NOTE: It might be a good idea to bake this on a cookie sheet. It'll make it easier to put in the oven and take out. Also, it'll catch anything that may ooze over the edges (although mine didn't ooze even though it looked like it wanted to).

ENJOY!! I know I did!!
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Related Posts with Thumbnails