The Banana Cake...revisited



So...you know I hate to waste bananas...I hate to waste food period...but ESPECIALLY bananas...so I'm always looking for easy things to make with my over ripe left over fruit.

I know this is something like cheating, but I always keep a box or two of yellow cake mix in my pantry. I like adding different flavors to them to see what I can come up with. Tonight I baked another banana cake and this one is FANTASTIC!! It's SUPER moist and it smelled sooooooooooooooooooooo good while it was baking that everyone in the house talked about it.

Unfortunately, my kids had to be in bed before it could cool down all the way...so yes, they were extremely disappointed! OH WELL...there's always after school tomorrow!!

Ingredients:

1 box of yellow cake mix (the one with pudding in it...which brand doesn't matter)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
2 teaspoons all-spice
1 cup ripe mashed bananas (about 3 small ones...or 2 medium ones)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350. Spray bundt pan with cooking oil and lightly dust with cinnamon sugar. Flour leaves that icky white dust all over it...and cinnamon sugar makes a nice sugary crust without the "dust". Combine all ingredients and bake for 45 minutes. Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes and frost once it's cooled completely.

I like to use cream cheese frosting...whatever is cheap at the store! I prefer the whipped version because it works better. I just put about a cup of frosting into a snack size ziplock, seal and snip off the tip of a corner...and then I pretend to be a pastry chef! HAHAHAHA!!

Enjoy!
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Related Posts with Thumbnails