The EASIEST Cornbread




Ok, raise your hands if you've ever had DRY.ASS.CORNBREAD!

My poor grandmother's cornbread would be the standard joke at the dinner table anytime she ever made it. It tasted good, but it was like eating sand paper...hell, forget the paper...it was like eating SAND! It was dry and it crumbled when you tried to cut it with a knife.

The woman I got this from would NOT release this recipe to me for YEARS - like it was some kinda military secret or something. She also kept it from her own family members who raved about it. Her son brought this to work for our annual Thanksgiving Pot Luck at my old job and it became an instant hit. When he turned in his resignation, I begged him to BEG his mother (on my behalf) for this recipe...so I could keep up our cornbread tradition for the pot luck!

I almost choked on my morning coffee when he came back to work with it...GOD BLESS JIFFY and William Lee's mom!! HAHAHAH!!!

Ingredients:

2 boxes of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
2 eggs
2/3 cup milk
1/2 cup butter (or margarine)
1/2 cup sugar
1 can of cream style corn

-----------------------------------------------------

Directions:

Heat oven to 400. In a large mixing bowl combine the Jiffy, eggs, milk and cream corn. Melt the butter and fold into the mixture. Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray (I like the butter flavored one for baking). Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and let sit for about 5 minutes to allow the batter to peak.

Bake for approximately 25-27 minutes until the top is slightly browned.

Not only is this giving you a moist and cake-like quality, it tastes GREAT!! Add a little honey butter on the side and you've got a fantastic meal partner! Enjoy!



  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Related Posts with Thumbnails