Fix It and Forget It - Green Chile Chicken (Crockpot meal)

I know, I know...I've been neglecting my duties here for a few months...but moving can do that to you! It also took me a while to get used to my new kitchen (that I absolutely HATE). It's smaller than our last kitchen, the pantry is far from my kitchen area and the stove top damn near comes up to my chest...but hey, at least I got a house out of the deal, right?

So this was an experimental dinner that turned out quite well. I think this would also work well with pork stew meat or boneless pork loins.

Ingredients:

3-4 lbs. chicken drumsticks (or which ever part of the chicken you prefer)
2 cans of condensed cream of chicken soup
1 small can of diced mild green chiles
1/3 cup diced onions
1/8 teaspoon creole seasoning
1/8 teaspoon garlic salt



------------------------------------------------------------------------

Directions:

Rinse chicken and pat dry. Mix soup, green chiles, onions and seasoning in a bowl. It's going to be a little thick, but don't worry about it. DO NOT ADD any other fluid!! Adding more fluid will make the sauce watery after the cooking process. Place half of the chicken on the bottom of the crock pot and spoon a generous amount of the soup mixture on top.



Add the second half of chicken and repeat.



Cook on medium for 6 or low for 8 hours...



Add sides and call it dinner! I served this with rice pilaf and honey glazed carrots. MmmMmmm!!



Fix it and forget it!!

Enjoy!
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Related Posts with Thumbnails