Crock pot cooking without the fuss


If you don't already own a crock pot or a stock pot, I suggest you run out and get one if you're gonna be hanging around HERE! I use at least ONE if not both of them every week - for SOMETHING!

I've had some people email me questions about crock pot recipes, and let me say this - there is NO SECRET to making simple and easy meals with your crock pot. Hell, I've even made some things up and much to my delight, everything turned out fine and my family loved it!

You can NEVER EVER go wrong with chicken, pork chops or your favorite cut of beef, a can or two of cream of mushroom soup, an onion (sliced) and a tablespoon of garlic salt and pepper (in equal proportions) - or substitute the garlic salt and pepper with 2 tablespoons of Cajun spices (my personal favorite) and 2 tablespoons of cornstarch.

I'll warn you now (if you're new here), I use creole seasoning for just about EVERYTHING I cook...except for maybe Italian dishes...

At any rate, only YOU know your taste buds and what they'll like...so you can always play with the amounts of seasoning that you use. You can always add fresh (sliced) mushrooms and a couple stalks of celery (chunked or sliced).

Put the veggies on the bottom of the crock pot. In a bowl, combine the soup, seasoning and cornstarch. Put the meat on top of the veggies, then pour the soup mixture on top of the meat. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.

This is what I call a "Fix it and forget it" recipe. Throw everything in the crock pot in the morning before work and come home to a cooked meal. Steam some rice, add in a salad and you've got dinner!!

Thank me later!

Enjoy!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Related Posts with Thumbnails